Andrew Strempel aka CSM Fratelli was sent to us by a close friend of his. We knew in a millisecond he was a fraud. Very straight forward case.
On some formats, you'll need to click the red bar at the bottom of pictures to open more.
Not only is he a fraud, he's using a fake name while committing his lies. His name is Andrew Strempel, not Fratelli.
He actually accused another man of Stolen valor according to those close to him, getting that guy barred from a bar they hung out at.
His uniform has a number of Red Flags. First and foremost is the Medal Of Honor ribbon. He also wears things a GB takes off once he becomes qualified.
One his shoulder, you can see the Ranger tab on top, Airborne tab in the middle and Special Forces tab on the bottom. Wrong, wrong, and wrong.
He told his friend that he was also a POW and a Command Sergeant Major with over 20 years service.
It seems Andrew Strempel, fake Green Beret also has an issue with young boys. Hmmm
So, we sent for his records and it looks like Andrew Strempel, fake Green Beret was lying about most of what he wears.
It also looks like he must have had issues in the service in addition to young boys, as he ETS'd an E-1
Andrew Strempel as "CSM Fratelli" Ribbons:
1. Medal of Honor (light blue) False
3. Distinguished Flying Cross (blue, white, and red) False
4. Purple Heart w/ Two Clusters (purple) False
5. Meritorious Service Medal (red and white) False
6. Joint Service Commendation Medal w/ Cluster (white, green, and blue) False
7. Army Commendation Medal w/ V Device and Cluster (green and white) False
8. Army Good Conduct Medal (red and white) True
9. National Defense Service Medal w/ Two Clusters (red and yellow) False, he was awarded one.
10. Vietnam Service Medal (yellow, red, and green) True
11. NCO Professional Development Ribbon (green, yellow, and black) False
12. United Nations Medal (light blue and white) False
13. NATO Medal (blue and white) False
14. Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal (green and white) True
15. Kuwait Liberation Medal (black, green, white, and red) False
16. Master Parachutist False
17. Military Freefall False
18. Pathfinder False
19. Air Assault False
20. Jungle Expert False
21. Combat Infantryman's Badge w/ two stars False
22. Master Aviator Wings False
23. Infantry Blue Cord False
24. Command Sergeant Major Rank False
25. Airborne Tab False
26. Ranger Tab False
27. Special Forces Tab False
28. He doesn't wear a POW ribbon but claims it to friends. That claim is also False
1. Presidential Unit Citation (blue) Unverifed
2. Valorous Unit Citation (red, white, and blue) Unverifed
3. Meritorious Unit Citation (red) Unverifed
4. Army Superior Unit Award Unverifed
5. Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation (red and yellow) True
6. USASOC Combat Patch False, he was NEVER assigned to a USASOC unit
7. USASFC Combat Patch False, he was NEVER assigned to a USASFC unit
8. Army Staff Badge False
Andrew Strempel, fake Green Beret, you'll now be added to guardians of the Green Beret hall of zeroes and those not even worth our time.